Joshua P. Oden, III
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.
- Colin Powell, Former United States National Security Advisor
Mr. Odén has been practicing with the firm since graduating from law school in 1984. He actively advises clients with respect to business and corporate matters, including the formation and operation of corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships, general partnerships and limited liability partnerships, as well as the preparation and negotiation of asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, contracts of sale, real property leases, employment agreements, employee handbooks, severance agreements, independent contractor agreements, shareholder agreements, confidentiality agreements, noncompetition agreements, nonsolicitation agreements, license agreements, construction contracts, and design and production agreements.
Mr. Odén's representative practice is best described as acting as general counsel to small and medium-sized businesses on general business, contract, employment and other legal matters. His goal in representing his clients is to provide quality legal service for a reasonable fee in a timely and responsive manner.
Mr. Odén's recent transactions:
- Represented purchasers and sellers in numerous merger and acquisition transactions with purchase prices ranging from $500,000 to more than $23 million in various industries, including crane equipment, accounting practices, physician practices, staffing agencies, utility installation, philatelic services, clothing stores, linen stores, dry cleaners, travel agencies, paving services, and boring machine and manufacturing companies.
- Represents on a continuing basis a crane equipment company with affiliated companies throughout Texas, including acquisitions and real property purchases.
- Represents on a continuing basis a design and production company with respect to design and production agreements for premier visual effects for numerous office buildings, hotels and malls throughout the world.
- Represents on a continuing basis an experiential marketing company providing its clients with experience-based marketing services throughout the United States.
J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1984
B.B.A., Southern Methodist University, 1981