Kyle B. Mandeville
Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
- Abraham Lincoln
Mr. Mandeville joined the firm upon graduating from law school in 2008 and became a shareholder in 2018.
Mr. Mandeville has focused his practice in the areas of business litigation, and bankruptcy litigation. Mr. Mandeville has represented business clients in both federal and state courts in a wide range of civil lawsuits, including franchisor/franchisee disputes, construction disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, enforcement of creditor’s rights, conflicts between employers and employees, partnership disputes, claims against corporate officers and directors, and protection of client rights to trade secrets and confidential data.
Mr. Mandeville also has represented clients in a variety of transactional activities such as forming and terminating business entities under Texas law, preparing corporate minutes, registering assumed names (i.e. trade names), preparing and filing Mechanic’s Liens and Broker’s Liens on commercial real property, and drafting various contracts on behalf of business clients (employment agreements, consulting agreements, vendor agreements, oil and gas instruments, etc.).
Mr. Mandeville's recent accomplishments include:
- Obtained multi-million dollar jury verdict for Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee against publicly-traded corporation.
- Won jury trial for crane company against manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders, resulting in six-figure judgment for client including attorneys’ fees.
- Won jury trial for property management company against its insurance carrier, resulting in judgment in favor of client for full amount of loss plus attorneys’ fees and interest.
- Represented former employees being sued on non-compete agreements and prevailed in temporary injunction hearing.
- Obtained summary judgment for publicly-traded commercial landlord in a lease dispute with one of its corporate tenants.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit against business owner under the Texas Citizens Participation Act (Anti-SLAPP statute) and upheld dismissal on appeal.
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlements in qui-tam litigation after upholding trial court rulings in mandamus proceedings.
- Successfully represented business owner negotiate favorable terms in separating from his former business partner.
- Helped local financial institution collect numerous past due loan obligations.
- Secured favorable settlement, including attorney’s fees, for family-owned, Dallas-based commercial contractor against financially distressed commercial real property owner.
- Assisted golf course construction company to collect debt owed by national real estate investment company in bankruptcy.
- Represented numerous Bankruptcy Trustees in civil litigation in both federal and state court that resulted in large settlements.
- Defended employer that was sued by former CFO for wrongful termination.
- Represented partner in a partnership dispute that resulted in a creative and successful resolution.
J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law
Magna Cum Laude, Phi Delta Phi
Texas Tech Law Review, 2008
B.S., University of Texas at Austin, 2004
State Bar of Texas
Licensed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
Dallas Bar Association
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Dallas Association of Young Lawyers’ 2010 Leadership Class